Monday, May 15, 2006

I need a vacation...


Doesn't it seem that after a "vacation" you need a vacation to recoop? I'm tired!!!

Lots of stuff happened this past weekend. The original plan was to go home for my Mom's surgery but that didn't work out. The surgical consultation was pushed back to today. But her MRI came back and there is almost no trace of the tumor!!! This is most excellent news and requires less surgery and less recoop time, which is wonderful. SOOOO the original plan was to scoot up to Norman, say hi to my guy and go home Friday through Tuesday. That way I could be there for the surgery and for Pat's going away/birthday party (he's headed out to MO for boot camp in the Army Reserves and won't be here for his 21st birthday). Well I decided to still take off Thursday and Friday because I've pretty much reached my limit on accruing vacation hours (for China). I still planned on going up to Norman to see Jason. Dad called Thursday morning and asked if I was still coming and I said no and it made him really sad. So then I felt sad. Then while I was driving to Norman, Mom called me with the MRI results and we were happy and she asked if I was still coming? and I said....ok, I'll come home, but don't tell anyone. It'll be a surprise. I'll just come back Sunday.

So I went to Norman and hung out with my favorite person and got up at the crack of dawn to trek to Fayetteville. By the way, did you know it seems there is a LOVE's station every other mile or two? It was funny, but I had plenty of options to stop for gas or a break. I got home about 11:30 and woke up Pat who was surprised. I took him to lunch and then picked up his birthday cake. A huge sheet cake decorated in camoflauge. Funny!!! That evening was his party and we had a great time with family and his friends. The nieces came early which was fabulous. And Drew said he did a triple take when he saw me. That was good and then Dad just stared and called me a sneak. Grandma didn't know I was there either. Good stuff. I just want to thank Jason for understanding about my abrubt visit. My family needed me.

Saturday was great. Mom and I went horseback riding on gaited horses. They were so smooth and beautiful. Afterwards we went over to Drew's in Siloam to rescue him from the girls since Mandy was in Russelville. We had a good time, but then I was tuckered. We jumped on the trampoline until we couldn't do it anyore. Then I went over to Dad's. Alison's whole crew was over there because her daughter Beverly graduated from the UofA. Man, it was crowded!!! But good to see them all.

Sunday I went to church with Mom and then went over to another cousin's house real quick to say hi. She was having brunch for her mom and Dad and Grandma. So about 1:30 I left Fayetteville and got to Waco about 8pm. I'm not sick of driving, but it's taking it's toll. Pat breathed on me when he wasn't feeling well and I think I'm coming down with it. Thanks Pat! I'll make though!

I'm very happy right now. Almost bursting with happiness...is that possible? Everything seems brighter and clearer and just wonderfuller. :-D It amazing what being with someone can do to you. I guess since Jason put it on his blog I can put it on mine...we're offically a couple. Ha! A couple!! I like it. Such a sweetie. My friends maybe sick of my gushing about him, but I'm not. Well enough about that...for now...here are some pics I took this weekend:
Alex looking adorable.
Pat with his camo cake.
Me with Emma.
Lucy the Missouri Fox Trotter with owner Ann (Mom's coworker).

No comments: