Thursday, February 08, 2007

Wandering...

So I was driving along a flat stretch of Interstate when to my left I saw a huge oil refinery. It was dusk so its lights were on and it looked like a small city. To my right I saw a state trooper out of his car aiming a speed radar at the cars going past, so of course I slowed down. Not two seconds later I was walking down the empty streets toward yet another oil refinery just right of the other one. I thought that was odd for some reason. Why are there two oil refineries so close together? Then all of a sudden I hear the Pink Floyd song "Another Brick in the Wall (Part II)" playing in my ear. Well that's interesting...oh yeah! Wake up!!! Yes, I was asleep while dreaming something very weird and then Jason called me (he has the Pink Floyd ringtone). It wasn't late, in fact I was asleep around 8:30 due to a HUGE headache, maybe even a migraine. I don't know. So Jason talked awhile and then I couldn't go back to sleep just yet, so I read a little. I'm reading Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler. Pretty good so far, and I like it even better because there's a character in it from Arkansas who has a Razorback hat. Go figure...HAH!

Nothing much else going on...it seems forever ago that Christmas and the New Year was here. The months seem to be zooming by. I went up to OKC to take my first two competency exams to become certified as a teacher at the secondary level in social studies. It won't be until next month that I find out if I passed or not. The first test was pretty easy but long (OK General Education Test). The second was World History/Geography test. A little more difficult...

I, of course, saw Jason while I was there and it was nice because I hadn't seen him in five weeks!! I don't think I could do that again.

Now I'm just playing a waiting game. Waiting on test scores, waiting on construction at the museum to finish so we can move collections, waiting on job opportunities (museum and teaching), waiting on whatever...I'm tired of waiting.

I've been really busy with getting ready for the move. Crunching numbers for moving expenses, setting up a time line for the next several months, counting shelving units, deciding where everything is going to go...it's been pretty hectic and my apartment has suffered because of it. I'm doing a little bit here and there for cleaning up but it's slow going. My brain doesn't want to think about anything when I get home.

Random thoughts:
  • I watched a movie the other night called Beowulf and Grendel. It was pretty good actually.
  • Found a quote from a 1921 annual from Waco High that I love: "It was his chiefest ambition to graduate in knickerbockers." I don't know if he did but sure is funny imagining it.
  • I've been listening to country music in the evenings lately (while putting together a puzzle) and I like it for the most part. There are some tearjerkers to say the least and ones that I weren't expecting to be either...they're pretty sly. Last night I heard one called "Drugs or Jesus" by Tim McGraw. Good.
  • The weather. I wish it would just gradually go from cold to slightly warm consistently.
Anywho...that's all I know for right now....I'll write something later.

No comments: