Thursday, June 08, 2006

Trying To Be PATIENT!!!!!

This is not one of my strong suits but when I can't do something about a situation, it leaves me with frustration.

My frustration for today? I'm trying to patiently wait for a job opening up in Norman so I can apply and move up there. I feel like I'm an airplane in a holding pattern who can't land at her final destination. I haven't run out of fuel yet, but I can see that happening if I don't rely on God and friends to lift me up. Funny though, there are airplanes that can refuel in the air. So right now I'm cruising at an altitude of about 30,000 feet waiting for mission control to say I can land. So please pray for patience and strength to endure the flight.

What else has been going on? Of course my Mom's surgery. I haven't posted anything since the surgery, but it went really really well and she should be on her way to the airport to fly home right about now (8:30 am). The doctors took out two of the four drains yesterday and I'm sure that is a relief for Mom. She has to wear a little belt to hold the drains and they look like gernades, so I call it her ammo belt. Ha! Since I left on Sunday, Aunt Paula has taken over and run/walked Mom all over the French Quarter. Good! The more Mom walks, the faster she heals!

What else? I'm trying to get back into the routine of things here in Waco and at the museum. So far so good. I actually unpacked my suitcase and did laundry a day after I got back. (That's unheard of at the Jessica household. It usually takes about a week for me to unpack and another week to do laundry.) I guess I'm ready for some stability in my life and for things to get back to "normal" whatever that may be.

Not much else but painting wagons at work:



Yesterday it got up to 100 degrees and where we are painting there is no AC and not really any good ventilation. That's why my face is red.

That's about it for now. Back to the wagons!!!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Wow, that is a flattering picture! I have faith in your job and your relationship with Jason, so hang in there! Even though I will be so so sad if you leave, I know it is what you want, so you go girl! You know I am rooting for you.