Monday, June 26, 2006

Another week down and 2.5 weeks to gooooo.....

Yay! Another week is gone and, as the title suggests, 2.5 weeks to go until I leave for China!! I'm totally stoked...I have my passport, Visa, tickets and new luggage ready to go. Unfortunately I can't pack yet, cause I gotta use the stuff I need to pack! Last night there was a China meeting for all the people going. It was more of learning a little of the language. I've started learning a few phrases so it was entertaining listening to the others learn how to say hello in Mandarin. After the meeting I came home and printed out itineraries to send to family and friends and then made of list of things to do before I go and what to pack. If you know me a little bit you know that 1) I like pockets (we've already discussed that) and 2) I love to make lists...LOVE IT!!! Grocery lists, work lists, goals, to do lists, what to pack, etc. Just visit my office and you'll see lists posted everywhere. There's just something about crossing off something you've accomplished. So satisfying...(even if it is peanut butter on your grocery list...).

I did not have the pleasure of company this weekend, but Jason moved to new digs and got it done with the help of his sister and her boyfriend. For consolation on not being able to see Jason, I watched the end of the NASCAR race and Jason's favorite driver won...Jeff Gordon!

Saturday I went up to Dallas to visit a friend who was in town for a wedding. In fact, I'm going to see his sister and parents in Hong Kong. We went out for real Chinese food and then to the Dallas Museum of Art. There was a wicked storm that only lasted a few minutes around 5pm...lots of lightening. Then we went over to the bride and groom's house for a post wedding BBQ. Good grilling by the way...wow. As you might imagine, there were a lot of Chinese there. A lot of Cantonese spoken, while the white girl is sitting quietly watching, of all things, the broadcast of who's going to be on Big Brother...good grief. Once I was introduced to Roger's friend Douglas...things picked up. He told me lots of funny stories about Roger...kept me in stitches the whole time. Douglas is the brother of the bride (Dominque, btw). Not much else happened this weekend.

I seem to be random on the days here but Friday I left work around 2:30 and went straight home for a nap...so tired from working on the wagons. Don't remember what I did after that...

Sunday I went to church and then swam with my swim bud...I'm up to 2300 yards! Yay! Afterwards, started some laundry then took a nap, watched NASCAR, read a book, went to church and went to the China meeting...the rest you know.

Random thoughts: I never thought I'd watch NASCAR voluntarily (or understand it for that matter).
Dale Chihuly rawks... (glass artist whose work is at the Dallas Museum of Art) check him out... www.chihuly.com

Have an excellent week, people!

Until next time
-Jessica

No comments: