Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sleepy Time!!

Ok, So this is the first weekend where I've been able to sleep in, and boy, did I sleep in. A lot has been going on to make me so tired!!!

Started school last Thursday, August 9th. First day was good and so was Friday and now I'm through the first full week of school. I'm having a blast and I love the kids. However, there will always be one or two or three kids that is going to test me and they already have!!! But so far so good. I think I've handled it in an appropriate manner. I'm sure if I haven't, someone will let me know.

I gave an open book/note test yesterday on Ancient World History. Fun!! All my other classes have tests on Monday. I'm still in the organizing phase. It's going to be tough for awhile getting together all my resources and thinking of ways to teach that are not just worksheets. But I do have a projector that hooks to my computer so I can do some internet stuff and powerpoint presentations too!

So let me back up a little. Last weekend Jason and I went home to Arkansas to visit family, in particular, Patrick. It was his last farewell before being shipped off to Iraq. He actually left on Wednesday and arrived in Kuwait yesterday? Pray for him and his unit's safety and courage. So Saturday we had a little party and it was great. I got to play with my two nieces while the guys took naps :D Actually earlier that morning we all went over to Grandma's house. Dad is going to try and sell it. Grandma is now in the nursing home and needs 24/7 care. We went over to her house to "divvy up" everything. Which was hard, because Grandma wasn't there, yet she hasn't passed away either. It was weird and sad but good at the same time. Does that make sense?

Sunday, Jason and I left for Ardmore, OK, but not before going to see Grandma. It was the first time I had seen her in the nursing home. It was tough, but she knew who I was!

So, here are some pictures from several things:
  1. Farewell dinner with my gals
  2. Me holding Ben (Jennie's baby) for the first time
  3. Moving pictures
  4. Lewis and Heather's wedding
  5. Pat's Party

The Gals


Me and Ben



Lewis and Heather



Me and the moving truck all loaded up!


Play time with Emma


Call those Hogs, Alex!!


Drew looks good in pink!


Me and my sweetie!


Me and my bros!


Yes, that is a squirrel on the cake with a MP baret on it's head!


Great pic of Mom and Pat


No comments: