Friday, July 06, 2007

ENGAGED!!!!!!

OMG!!!! I'm ENGAGED!!!! Yes, folks, you heard it right. Jason asked me to marry him yesterday! What a wonderful proposal he made!

Utterly speechless are the words that came out of my mouth when Jason drove down through the rain from Oklahoma to the museum to propose to me. I, of course, said yes and we will live happily ever after!

Here's how it went down:

Jason got to the museum and called for Mary Beth and she came down stairs (I was in another building). She saw he had flowers and asked him if he was there for the reason she thought and he said yup. Mary Beth ran upstairs and got the camera and ran into Joy and told her what was happening. So Mary Beth led Jason over to the other building where I was. She opened the door and I thought to myself, were we supposed to take pictures of something? MB had the camera around her neck. Then Jason came in behind her with this beautiful bouquet of flowers and according to some my eyes got as big as saucers. I kept on saying what are you doing here (clueless at this point). He said Happy Birthday! and gave me my flowers and I'm ogling them. They are beautiful. But I told him it wasn't my birthday and he got all upset because he drove all the way down to Waco on the wrong day!! I kept on telling him it was ok but he wouldn't hear of it. What he said was: "The only way I can say I'm sorry and mean it is on one knee." When he did that the light bulb came on and I realized what he was really going to do. Of course I turned red and started tearing up. He said: "You've depended on me and I've depended on you and I want us to depend on each other for the rest of our lives so that when we are old we can change each other's depends! Jessica Harris I love you and will you marry me?" This speech is very classic Jason. I said yes and we hugged and hugged and kissed and it was awesome! I did get a ring! Jason's class ring from high school, so I guess this means we're going steady for reals! He's working on getting the perfect ring. It was about 3:00 so I said I was going home and call everybody. We did and then went to dinner with Angie and Chris at the Olive Garden. It was great. Perfect ending to a day that actually started out pretty yucky. It's been raining pretty much off and on for about a month and impeding our work. But who cares now right?

We are looking at either December 2007 or June 2008 to get married but nothing is in stone. We will let you know as soon as we know!


The proposal


The answer


More hugs


The flowers


No comments: