Monday, April 24, 2006

Museums, Weekends and Toliets...

Well this might be an interesting post!!!

Depends on who reads it. I think my museum life is calming down slightly. Nothing major going on this week or next that I'm aware or not aware of. It seems we've been going non-stop here and I have finally am getting back to the "normal" routine. I might be doing some painting next week, though. That could be interesting. Let's see: installing exhibits, 10-2-4 Collector's Club, Grad Students researching, fabricating and installing exhibits, Texas Association of Museums in Beaumont, exhibit design interviews, traveling to OK. I've been busy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Life is boring when you don't do anything. Now, when I come home, I'm probably the most boring person on earth. I just lay around hoping the laundry will fold itself. Man, I hate laundry!

However, laundry must be done, otherwise I wouldn't have any traveling clothes. I love to travel, as many of you know, and recently I cruised up to the great state of OK. See my last post about what I did last weekend. This past weekend my friend traveled down to the humid state of Texas (ha, he hasn't felt nuttin' yet!!!) Unfortunately I had to work in the morning on Saturday but that didn't stop us from having a great weekend. Watched Up in Smoke for the first time. Funny... La Migra!!!

My Dad was "in town" or rather in McKinney visiting his wife's son, so we met in Waxahachie for dinner. It was nice. Haven't seen him since January. Gonna go home mid May so I'll get to spend more time with the family. Yeah! I get to see nieces!!!!

Saturday evening the toliet went haywire. Drained slowly and then not at all. As Ernest would say: "Eeeeeeeeewwwuuuuuuu!" Hopefully it will have been fixed when I get home today!!! Sunday I slept in and it felt GREAT!!!!! Ate at the IHOP for breakfast/lunch and was pleasantly suprised when the waitress mentioned how happy we looked. So it shows, huh? Nice... I could get used to this...

That's it for now. Mom is doing ok, tired but only has one more chemo treatment this Friday!!! Surgery to be scheduled mid-May. Keep praying for her!!!

Hugs and Best Wishes,
Kitty, a.k.a Jessica

No comments: