Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Never Ending....

There seems to be a never ending stream of work, which, by the way, I don't mind. But what I absolutely hate is paper work! It just seems to pile up, up and away! (I wish it would go away). I'd rather be doing one task at a time instead of multi tasking. It would be a lot simpiler and the quality of the work would be better. I just finished putting up an exhibit for the museum. It makes me happy and it turned out better than I expected. I'll show you a preview in a moment. I'm lethargic today, but glad tomorrow's Wednesday. Wednesday's I don't swim and I can sleep in a little. It makes me happy. This week is gonna be good. I get paid, tomorrow is Wednesday, and my apartment is getting cleaned from top to bottom AND it's finally fall. I love the fall season because I get to go home and see my family. I got a picture of my nieces dressed up for Halloween. They are tooo tooo cute!!!

Here is a tangent:

I hate Halloween. Well, hate is a strong word but rather I hate the economics of the seasons/holidays. It is utterly ridiculous. Our economic culture has dictated which holidays are important and which aren't and really what the holiday is about. What is Halloween? Anybody know anymore? I checked around on the Internet and found at least what I would consider a reputable source...the History Channel. Here is what they say about the orgins of Halloween. What's even more interesting is that they have a link to the evolution of holidays...check it out too. Here is a quote from the link: "Today, Americans spend an estimated $6.9 billion annually on Halloween, making it the country's second largest commercial holiday. " So that brings me to a philosphical question. Is Halloween a valid holiday today? I checked my Franklin Covey calendar and indeed All Saint's Day is listed, but looking at my wall calendar, it is not, but Halloween is on both. Very interesting... I guess I can't say too much on the subject. I did put out my glass jack-o-lantern last night and I did run to Target last night to get a mask for "Fall Festival" at church. But that was all I promise!! Today I feel utter remorse for contributing to the $6.9 billion dollar industry. Baah Humbug!!! Don't get me started on Christmas; that post will come later.

OK...

So here a picture of Alex (ladybug) and Emma (flower) and a picture of the title of the new exhibit:

1 comment:

Roger Hui said...

Is Halloween a valid holiday today? You bet!!! We need more holidays and vacation time, I think we should celebrate all three celebrations, the eve of All Saints', All Saints', and All Souls', were called Hallowmas.

Happy Hallowmas!!!