Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break and Back to Work

Well, JR will officially be 8 weeks tomorrow. It doesn't sound like a long time but in a way it is. I started back to work Monday and yes I cried when I dropped JR off at the daycare and all the way to work. It was not my greatest moment. Tuesday I cried halfway to work and then today I thought I'd be ok...nope...the waterworks turned on again! The good thing about school is that it is non stop and so I almost don't have time to think of my sweet baby, until a student asks about him. :D Jason picked him up from daycare today. First time! I think this will be a regular thing on Wednesdays seeing that I have Key Club meetings after school.

OH!!! The automatic rocker for JR came in today. Hallelujah! It was awesome. He seemed pretty content and Jason and I both could get some things done at the same time!!! A miracle! Thanks Jason's parents! (Mom and Dad #2)

Well the last week with JR was Spring Break so we thought it would be a good idea to load everything in the Chevy Equinox including the backyard (it seemed) and head to NWArkansas to show off baby to Aunts, Uncles and cousins who hadn't met him yet! Wow what an undertaking and we didn't forget to pack the baby! We also brought the dogs! Spent good quality time with grandparents. Dad and I went to see the movie Rango. So funny!!

That Sunday we had a mega party at Mom's celebrating JR's entrance into the world, Emma's 6th birthday (I can't believe it!) and Patrick's homecoming from Afghanistan!!! There were a ton of people there. It was fun but we were glad to relax the next couple of days.

Jason's Mom had Wednesday and Saturday off from work so that's when we went over to McAlester, OK for visiting with other grandparents. About 30 minutes from the house, my suitcase (which was strapped to the top of the car because there wasn't any room inside :) somehow came free and flew off the top into the median. I was driving so I sorta freaked out but managed to pull over. Jason got out and checked his suitcase and got back in the car. At the same time I looked in the rearview mirror and a white vehicle had pulled over in the median and I thought the people were picking it up to bring it to us. I was so relieved but then that relief turned to utter devestation when I watched them take my suitcase and do a u-turn and head in the opposite direction. Some jerk stole my luggage!!! WHILE WE WERE WATCHING!!! I couldn't believe it. If I was in a more calm state I would have turned around and chased him (or her, I assume it was a him).

We drove up and down Hwy 69, just in case what we saw wasn't really what we saw happen. No luggage. I couldn't drive I was so upset and crying, so Jason drove to McAlester. Jason's Mom called the nearest town's police department, since that was the direction the jerks were headed. The things in my suitcase that I was most upset about losing was a diamond necklace my Mom gave me; earrings I bought in Germany and perfume I bought there as well. I had a pair of perscription glasses too. I have since moved on but am saddened by how desparate people are. I can't replace some of those things but we were able to claim it on our insurance, so I will get some money back to replace some clothes, glasses, the earrings and perfume among other things.

God is good though, the incident could have been much worse. The luggage could have hit another car and seriously done some damage. I'm blessed to have the brightest jewel in the world that wasn't in my suitcase...my sweet baby and husband. What more can I say?

1 comment:

KOPI NANGKA 313 said...

ooowww.. like this.. :)