Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Weekend...

Well hidyho!!! Can you believe it? I'm writing ANOTHER blog!!! Friday was a big day for us. We traveled to Arlington for a couple of things: the marriage license!!!!! That took no time at all, Jason getting his hairs cut, and me looking for a place to get our manis and pedis taken care of the day before the wedding!!! There were some interesting conversations throughout the trip and I think Jason forgot about looking for a nail place and that frustrated him a tad bit.

We then headed down to Waco for two events. The first being one at the Dr Pepper Museum. Jason and I didn't go to the night event because 1) we were too tired, 2) it cost $200 per plate, 3) we wanted to go eat with Angie and Chris. So that's what we did! We met Angie and Chris at Carino's (not Johnny's anymore, apparently he left the company). Good food, great conversation!! Afterwards we went to Starbucks to get something and not a second later after we sat down with our drinks did we hear a screeeeech, BANG! I was in the position to see most of the terrible car wreck. After the bang I see a white van flip over and land on it's side, only stopped by an SUV who was waiting at the stoplight. I caught a glimpse of a green car careen over the curb and almost crash into the Jack in the Box fast food place. OMG!!!!! This took place in a matter of three seconds. I stood up and said "Oh my gosh! Someone call 911!" This was a huge intersection and and there were a lot of people outside who already had their phones out. Hopefully they were calling 911 instead of their friends. The police, firefighters and ambulances all came within in a matter of minutes and we rubbernecked for the next 15 minutes while drinking our mint frappachinos.

So after that Jason and I went back to Mary Beth's place to crash because the next morning was the main event. Ribbon cutting of the new exhibit that I helped begin. Breakfast and tours. I talked about future exhibits in the new building. Keep in mind there were past presidents of the Dr Pepper Company and multi-millionaires peppered about the place. This was a BIG shindig!!! Not only was it a ribbon cutting but also a fundraising opportunity. The Friday night gala we didn't go to had Lee Greenwood there for entertainment. God Bless America!

Anywhooo, it was awesome to be there and see all my friends from work and talk, talk, talk talk... :D The other part of the weekend was to go to a wedding that afternoon. It was for a PEO sister and therefore I got to see all my PEO sisters and that was a lot of fun!!!! Some of them are coming to our wedding only 13 days away!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!! So after that, we came home and talked furniture, as in we need a new bed kind of thing.

The End!!! The weekend is not over yet, so I may update this later on...if anything exciting happens!! Don't get your hopes up!

Later taters,
J

No comments: