Saturday, April 05, 2008

Blah....

Well there are a lot of fun things going on in my life, but I feel pretty blah at the moment. It's a come and go thing but it's a pretty constant come and go. Here's the thing. I've gained a lot of weight and it's because I'm bored and lonely. Yeah, lonely. I need some girl friends. I need a hobby that doesn't involve the computer, cooking or watching TV. I used to have a lot but it involved people. Mainly girls. I used to have a list of things I wanted to do in my life, but I can't seem to "find the time" or "have the money" to do them. I've always wanted to learn how to paint with watercolors and other mediums. I started to knit about 1000 years ago but I tackled a huge project and I now don't have the motivation to finish it. I've always wanted to learn karate/self-defense. I want to do a lot of things with my life but I can't seem to get off my lazy butt and do them. I have realized I am a people person. I need people. Yes, I have Jason and he's great and I love him. But he has his hobbies and he's not so much of a people person. I used to go to the movies and rent foreign films to "broaden my mind" but I don't do that now. I'm still reading though!!! Just finished a "preview" book for the school library called A Taste for Rabbit. It's very interesting. It's in a world where foxes, badgers, weasels and rabbits are sentient, or able to think and talk like people. There is universal law that says one can't eat prey who is sentient. The plot is about wanting to eat something but shouldn't because it has human characteristics...there's a moral in there somewhere. It's pretty cool. I think I will recommend it to the library.

Anywhoooo....I didn't write this blog so people can feel sorry for me. I've already gone through the "I feel sorry for myself" phase. What I need to do now is find something I enjoy doing so I won't get bored and won't be lonely so I won't eat!!! It's a vicious cycle!!!

Here are some things that have struck me recently (aside from all the lonely and bored crap):
  • There have been some MAJOR wildfires in Oklahoma. It's incredible and I've never seen anything like it. Driving home from school about once a week I see the ominous smoke "signals" and sometimes I've seen two or three in the same drive. Well, yesterday I had the day off and I drove over to Comanche to see Ruth and the boys and when I was on my way back I could see the smoke for miles. I kept getting closer and closer and realized that I will be driving by exactly where it will be (thank goodness not through the smoke, the wind was blowing it away from me). I actually got some pictures on my cell phone.


  • Now, there are going to be some major black spots left on the ground BUT it's so amazing that after a couple of weeks the grass has grown and it's greener than the other grass around it. That gives me a little hope for some reason. It tells me, yes, you might have to get burned sometimes but afterward you're stronger for it, or prettier or whatever...
  • Almost two months until Jason and I are married. I'm really excited about this!!!! Except the bridal portraits are giving me some trouble, but I'm sure I'll get it worked out.
  • What else...I'm sooooo excited about school being out!!! Don't get me wrong, I still love what I'm doing but I'm looking forward to this summer....hmmmmmm, don't have a clue why!!!!
  • I can't wait to go to the Bahamas!!!! AAAHHHHH A new adventure!
  • I got a hair cut...it's different and I like it. (Not right now, I haven't fixed it).
I think that will do me for now. Signing off!!!

Later taters,
Kitty

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

I've been missing your blogs. Sorry you are in a funk, I know exactly how that feels. I thought I wanted to paint too, but I gave it a try and wasn't in love (or any good). Then I found quilting, I really love that. I've also been writing a lot, that helps me. Isn't it funny how you can be lonely when you're surrounded by people? I'll be praying you find your niche. I ordered my dress for the wedding, and aside from looking like a Christmas tree (lol) I'm really excited for the wedding. Anything I can help you do?